« Home | Once in Pattaya...(8 April) » | One night in KOH PHAYAM Island(Ranong) » | I am back to Bangkok............. » | Ah...it comes to the last Day in Ranong.. » | My last Sunday in Ranong..... » | Of course....... » | My summer holidays...... »

This is what I agree to say

If you are in Thailand,you can realize that White people(Farang) are given too much of favour or appreciation.So what is the different between Asian and all these white people?Of course,most of our background are not the same and we all have our own living standard.You know that too much favour will make more discrimination in human society.Really,it effects to the whole community.Most of the people here think that white people are top of the world and they know everything.Especially,you will know when you apply a job.I don't say that all,but most.Today I read some articles on internet and I found that what is happening in Thailand concerning job application in teaching English.I might say that some of native speaker are really good in teaching but remember not all.I met one lady from the US and I asked " Are you teaching here?".Then she said" I don't know how to teach,so I just helping for conversation." Some of Filipinos are saying this"
"I have been to Bangkok a couple of times as a tourist and I am planning to come back to teach but I am very nervous. I have a degree in English Studies but I am afraid that the Bangkok schools will find it lacking. I am a published writer in English but I am afraid that my color will be a problem. I have already taught Koreans for a year but I am afraid that inexperienced Brits or Americans will be considered more qualified than me."

"English is not a white man’s language. I have met Singaporeans who can spell better than my Aussie friends. I have met American teachers who almost piss in their pants after being told that they’d have to take some grammar tests. I hope Thais and schools in Thailand will realize that race or nationality has nothing to do with how qualified a person is in teaching this language."
Dexter.
"Yes, Filipinos are not native speakers and regardless of how we try we will not be (not if we live in an English Speaking country). But WE can teach. Grammar wise, I say we are better than "real farang". Conversation wise, some are as competitive as any "real farang."
Read more here what they are saying:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Kumondra Free Online Music Myanmar Blog Directory


Sponsored